Tuesday 9 December 2014

Happy New Home

Morning! I'm back to share this card I've made for my friend who has just bought her first house. I used this weeks Less is More colour scheme, the current Wanna Sketch as well as this fortnights Addicted to CAS challenge of Dots. I used this pretty spotty paper as my starting point and paper pieced the house along with some Pool Party cardstock. I wanted the sentiment to look like smoke from the little chimney so I drew some wiggly lines to stamp my letters along (it's with a mini wooden alphabet set and heavy reliance on my Stamp-a-ma-jig! Haha!) For the little smoke swirls I masked off the flourishes in the Papertrey Sending a big Thank You stamp, then added some gems. I hope you like it, thanks for stopping by! (Apologies for the drab photography!)








Supplies;
Stamp - Doodlebug Home Sweet Home & Papertrey Sending a big Thank You
Paper - Echo Park Springtime
Cardstock - Stampin' Up Pool Party
Ink - Stampin' Up Pool Party & Smoky Slate
Other - clear gems

10 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super CAS, Super stunning, Super use of the colours and a great all round card
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

sandie said...

great CAS design and masling. Love the colour pallette. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Lisa Arana said...

Just a darling little card, I love the row of houses and the smoke swirls are perfection. Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch!

Loll said...

Fabulous CAS card that I'm sure your friend will love! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Anne said...

Beth what a fab creation! I love the way the sentiment curls like smoke from the chimney
Thank you so much for joining us at LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous CAS card Beth, a lovely change from all of the Christmas cards at the moment.
Pauline
x

LilyPuss Cards said...

What a sweet card...really lovely...

Hugs
Jan.x

Harriet Skelly said...

Love this CAS design and love how you did the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Chrissie said...

This is a great card Beth, love the paper piecing!
Thanks so much for joining us!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Juls said...

Pretty :-) xx