Sunday 11 May 2014

Fathers Day card

Hiya! I'm having a very lazy day today but I've managed to make a card. I wanted to get all the ones I 'have' to make for the year before the baby is born, so far I'm up to everything I need before August so not too bad! Today I've made a Fathers Day card for my dad. I thought this weeks Pals Paper Arts colours were perfect for a male card and I combined them with this weeks Just Add Ink sketch. I used some funky alphabet stamps to make the focus of the card. The navy panel was plain originally but looked a bit drab so I stamped in the matching ink with a woodgrain texture - not sure it shows, and I've since straightened out the wonky twine! ;-) Anyway, thanks for stopping by, I hope you're having a good weekend! :-)


Supplies;
Stamps - Sweet Stamp Shop 'Monogram Alpha', Mama Elephant 'Sketchy Letters' & My Favourite Things 'Western Borders'
Cardstock - Stampin' Up 'Cajun Craze', 'Night of Navy' & 'Naturals White'
Ink - Stampin' Up 'Cajun Craze' & 'Night of Navy'
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug 'Herringbone'
Die - Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Journaling card'
Other - natural twine

10 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beth, this is a GREAT card! I love that it has such a 'clean' look, and yet there are wonderful details to draw the eye in. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

This is a great man card Beth. I love the texture you added in with the embossing. And funky alphabets really make your fathers day sentiment stand out. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Love the colour combo you've used for this masculine card!
Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Paula Dobson said...

A great manly take on this weeks sketch challenge Beth! Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Diane Roberts said...

Beth, this is a wonderful Father's Day Card! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Ann Schach said...

A wonderful masculine card! I LOVE the chevrons! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Anonymous said...

This is a great fathers day card. I like how you have put the paper behind the cut out chevrons. I like how you have used different fonts for your sentiment too. Chantell JAI

Anonymous said...

What an excellent use of fonts! I also like the way the chevrons complement each other. Thanks for playing with PPA this week!

Mae's Cachet said...

A great masculine card and I like how you have used the chevrons to focus on part of the greeting. Thanks for playing with our sketch at Just Add Ink this week.

Jodene said...

I love your Father's Day Card, such great masculine elements yet still clean and simple. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.