Monday, 26 May 2014

Awesome Amazing Happy Birthday!

Hiya! This might be the first of a couple of posts, J is working today and I'm a bit bored so I might enter a few challenges. This card is for this weeks Case Study challenge. Widas card really caught my eye but isn't really a style I feel I can pull off so I simplified it a bit. I used the layout,  cut up sentiments, black & white stripes in the backgroud and vellum butterflies. I'm also going to enter into this weeks Less is More challenge of Die Cuts. I hope you like it, maybe catch you later :-)



Supplies;
Sentiment - Winnie & Walter 'The Big, the Bold & the Happy' & 'The Big, the Bold & You'
Paper - My Minds Eye 'Cut & Paste: Flair'
Dies - My Favourite Things 'Butterflies' & Memory Box 'Butterfly Delights'
Other - gold mirror card, vellum & gold spot washi tape

18 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Beth, Love your layout and how you made the sentiment. Cool card!

Lisa Arana said...

This is stunning Beth! I love the navy and gold combo tremendously!!!

Lisa Arana said...

This is stunning Beth! I love the navy and gold combo tremendously!!!

Lisa Arana said...

This is stunning Beth! I love the navy and gold combo tremendously!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey one stunning and spectacular card, loving the little butterflies.
Thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Rebecca said...

Ohhh totally adore this Beth! Rebecca x

Sarah Gray said...

Super cool card - love the stripes and the scattering of words!

Chrissie said...

This is great fun Beth, I love the mix of papers and the butterflies are super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Beth what a super layout and card!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Anne said...

Beth what a super layout and card!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Gail Park said...

Great dimension-love the layered butterflies and touches of gold!

Craft-E-Place said...

I love your take on this sketch it is a stunning card. The colour combination is brilliant.
Elaine

Anja (scrappie) said...

Such a stunning card love your take on the challenge. Glad you joined us over at CASE Study.

Nathalie Fournier said...

stunning card!

Wida said...

thank you for pushing your comfort zone and giving my card a try. I do love your CAS card, and I think it's really a great take on the inspiration. I think my favorite part is the layered butterfly! because gold=good

landerson213 said...

I LOVE this card. Those vellum and gold butterflies are so elegant, and I love the gold polka dots with the black and white stripes. Such an incredible card! :)

Lauren
landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Jacquie Southas said...

Love everything about your card - beautiful!

Jen said...

beth this is fabulous i love it
Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
Jen xx