Thursday, 13 March 2014

Watercolour & Gold!

Hi! I'm loving all the soft and whimsical watercolour cards around at the moment so I've made one myself. This one uses various Distress Ink colours and a bit of gold mist. I really liked the gold so I added the sentiment embossed in gold and a background strip stamped in Delicata gold ink - love! Then I coloured the back of the little vellum butterfly so it kept the colours soft. I'm entering this into the weeks Case Study Challenge - my paler version! And also this month Virginias View Challenge of water colouring. Thanks for looking!


Supplies;
Sentiment - Sweet Stamp Shop 'Elegant Sentiments'
Stamps - Hero Arts 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' & Kaisercraft 'Script Texture'
Ink - Distress Inks (various)
Cardstock -Stampin' Up 'Regal Rose'
Other - Heidi Swapp Colour Shine 'Gold Lame', vellum, machine stitching & gold & white embossing powders

7 comments:

Deb Kane said...

Beth, this is just a beautiful card!! I am just starting with watercolour and just wondering if you embossed the gold parts first or watercolour first?

Virginia Lu said...

How exquisite, Beth!! You have used all the beautiful elements (vellum, gold, stitching and water-colors) so beautifully! Love this so much! Thanks so much for playing the first Virginia's View Challenge!

Kort og Søm said...

This is gorgeous.
Fredrikke :)

pinnednpenned said...

A watered-down version of Joni's card (pun intended!) that is just stunning!! I second what Virginia said!!

Yana Smakula said...

ohh! background is just stunning on this card Beth! I'm loving the color combo!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Thud! So pinning this, Beth! It is extraordinary in every way! You are so smart to have used the soft and subtle colors, which I adore!! Hugs, Darnell

Virginia Lu said...

Congrats on getting the Honorable Mention with this beauty, Beth! I am so glad that you enjoyed the first Virginia's View Challenge! Looking forward to see more of your beautiful work!