Wednesday 15 May 2013

Purple & Wildflowers!

Hi again! I'm back with another card, this time a one layer card for this weeks Less is More challenge. I asked Jamie to pick any colour so I wouldn't spend 18 hours on choosing which one as my card blank! He said purple, and so I got to work with one of the new MFT stamp sets, white ink, white embossing powder and some purple ink to make this silhouette/shadow picture. I masked off an area for the sentiment then drew in some faux stitching. I hope you like it, thanks for popping in! I've managed to cram loads of crafting in today and I think my mojo is back! Yay! Back tomorrow :-)




Challenges;
Dynamic Duos - any past colours (Week #17) -->
Less is More - One Layer + coloured card base
CAS-ology - Bloom
Sweet Stampin' - Clean & Simple

Supplies;
Card & Ink - Stampin' Up
Stamps - My Favourite Things
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Dies - Memory Box

21 comments:

Anita said...

Gorgeous stamping, masking and embossing makes a fabulous card!
Anita

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Beth, so pretty. Love the colour of your card base xx

Chrissie said...

This looks simply fabulous!
Great colour choice!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Wow! The depth you created is amazing. Awesome job!

Kat W said...

This is truly beautiful! I love how you have created such depth in just 1 layer.
Kat x

Lori Turner said...

Wow, Beth, this is gorgeous! I love the "flower bed" you created :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Chris said...

Simply stunning! Great stamping!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Jenny said...

Like it... I love it!!! I swear you'd used an acetate overlay because the dimension effect is amazing... I told myself I didn't need that stamp set... may have to review that now!!
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

I love the combination of he white ink and the white embossing. Fab. Xx

Ardyth said...

Love the different shades you've achieved with the different techniques - your pretty scene has real depth! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

you combined all the challenges perfectly... lovely card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant and gorgeous.
luv
Debby

ilse said...

lovely card

Michelle said...

Stunning, Beth! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Meghan said...

Wow! Purple and white are dramatic together! All that embossing is amazing! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Viv said...

Fabulous card and inking Beth :) Viv xx

Lindsey said...

Love the shades of lilac & layered flower images

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful and very elegant! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you created different shades of purple for your card...so pretty!

Judy1223 said...

What an amazing combination of silhoutettes and shadows! A gorgeous card with such depth, yet one layer and CAS! Awesome! Thanks for playing at CASology this week!