Wednesday 6 March 2013

Peacock Feather!

Evening! I hope you're having a nice week, it always seems much easier after Wednesday! I'm back with a card I've made after my little play session at the weekend. At the Make It Show I bought this beautiful Peacock Feather stamp - feathers are all the rage don't cha'know! ;-) so I thought I would break out my Gelatos that have never been used yet and make this.
I stamped and embossed the feather with clear powder then scribbled a bit with the Gelatos and swirled it around with water. Once that was dry, I scribbled more on my craft mat, sprayed with water and sort of mushed the panel into it (I'm making this sound so technical aren't I?!) Again, once it was dry, I sprayed the glimmer mist all over it, it sort of shows in the second piccy. It didn't start out as a card but sort of evolved! As my mum was with me when I bought the stamp and she said she liked it, I've made this her Mothers Day card. I hope you like it, hopefully I'll be back soon!



Challenges;
The Paper Players - In Stitches
Creative Inspirations - Mothers Day
Simon Says Stamp - Bit of Green

Supplies;

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, the resist, the stitching, even the background embossing! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing with my "stitchy" challenge this week!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful Beth.
luv
Debby

Brian King said...

Such a beautiful background effect, Beth! And the stitching is a wonderful addition. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Beth! The light and swirly background works perfectly with the feather. The stitching sets it all off. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Rene said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week!
Rene :D

Linda said...

It's a gorgeous card, Beth! Not only because this is my favorite color blue/green but also the perfect embossed feather and the neat with faux stitching. love it!

rachel said...

such a beautiful card - so simple and so effective - love it! Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations and good luck x

Unknown said...

Love your card! What a lucky Mother to receive this card!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Betth, I love that pretty stamp.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

mckinkle said...

So inspiring! So much so that Ive just HAD to buy the stamp too!
Hope my attempts can match yours :)
x