Sunday, 6 May 2012

Sunny Birthday and a little more Swalk!

**This is a 2 for 1 post by the way, scroll down for the 2nd one**
Good afternoon! I hope you're having a lovely long weekend (if you're in the UK). We did the typical DIY shops round yesterday so today is the chill out day and while J is watching the constant stream of sport, I've been making cards, and this is one of them. As soon as I saw this week Less is More challenge of Yellow, I thought Happy and that coincided with this weeks Case Study challenge, so here is my effort! I used this cute little sunshine stamp and embossed some 'rays' then this layer is popped up onto foam pads.


Challenges;
Case Study - This card by Aga -->
Less is More - Yellow
CAS-ual Fridays - Birthdays
My Mums Craft shop - Embossing
Supplies;
_____________________________________

I also thought I'd show you another Sneaky Peek of some Swalk goodies, this time using the new Hunkydory kits that's been made to co-ordinate. It's got a butterfly theme and come with tonnes of die cut butterflies, some coloured and some white to colour or ink and loads of cards, borders, sentiments etc, I made 6 cards and barely touched the surface! It's all going to be released on Tuesday night as the Pick of the Day on Ideal World.
There's a little competition running too, you can read about it in this post.
Here's my card, it's using lots of nice goodies all from the kit, the rest I've linked below. The border strip, sentiment and all the edges are all inked with Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, I love how it picks up on the embossing in the card - which is pre-done by the way!



Challenges;
Simon Says Stamp - Birthdays
My Mums Craft shop - Embossing
Papertake - Anything goes
I hope you like them, thanks for stopping in, I'll be back in the morning with a bit of news! ;-)

Supplies;

23 comments:

Michelle said...

Great cards Beth. I love how you have made the sun and rays on the first and I love the colour on the second and the cute image xx

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards.
I love your Less is More one. It looks so clean and fresh.The embossing is terrific, so my kinda card.
Lynne xxx

Chantal said...

I love your sunny birthday card.

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card really brought smile to my face, it really is a happy card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell J Knauss said...

Beth, I love your sunny birthday card! The scoring is brilliant! This is going in my favs!

cathi139 said...

what a beautiful card for LIM, so perfect and sunny, just great
Cathi from Germany

Jodi said...

I really love your card!

Stephanie Washburn said...

I LOVE how clean and graphic your card is! Just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Maureen said...

I think the sun and "happy" go hand in hand perfectly :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week:)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards Beth, especially love the first one.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Wow I love your sunny birthday card.

Angie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Karen said...

Great cards Beth - love your very happy sun card. Great the way you've done the rays and how the letters come down the side.

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous cards!!! Love the sunburst and your take on the CaseStudy Challenge!! Your coloring on the second card is fabulous!

Virginia L. said...

Love your CAS card! So refreshing and delightful! Thanks so much for joining the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Teneale Williams said...

This is just wonderful, I can see you used a little inspiration from the layout, the card just makes me happy . Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

Gayatri said...

Both cards are fantastic. Love the clean and graphic card a lot.Thanks for playing along with us @ CASual Friday :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

Both fab card but I adore the zingy yellow one at the top x
Thanks for playing along at MMCS challenge & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Annchen said...

great cards, but m< fab one, is the LIM-card!
so clean, so simple, so beautiful

Debby said...

You totally rocked the challenges with this bright and happy card! Your second card has such a sweek image. Thanks for joining us at CASE study and CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Chris (catt871) said...

Great cards! I love the embossing on the first one...so pretty! Your colouring is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
Hugs,
Chris

Lisa A. said...

Your birthday card makes me happy:)!! Love the color and against the white with those embossed rays ... wonderful:)!! Thanks for celebrating with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Mandi said...

Super card yellow, perfect for yellow
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"