Monday 1 August 2011

Penny Black Saturday #162!

Good evening! I hope you've all had a lovely sunshiney Monday! Sorry this post is so late but two of my closest friends got married on Saturday, Jamie was Best Man and I was doing the hair so we kind of got a bit caught up in everything and I forgot all about my little blog!
Anyway, this post is for this weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge! This week is Penny Black-ground! We'd like to see you use your PBs to make a background for your card! Tricky huh?! This weeks prize should spur you on though...a Guest Designer spot for the whole of September!!
I thought it would be a good excuse to use the little extra stamps that come on the clear sets, these flowers and little butterfly are from the Mimi in Paris set and I've stamped them in rows using different colour Distress Inks, they went a bit blobby so I'm not really happy with it but Kath's given me a good tip to try, inking them first with Versamark a few times, I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks Kath!
This card is also for these challenges:
Allsorts - Free & easy
PaperPlay - In the Garden (flowers, hedgehogs and butterflies!)
Colour Create - Pink, green & white
Sir Stampalot Challenge - Whatever you fancy
Supplies-
Images - Penny Black 'Mimi in Paris' & 'Critter Party' clear sets
Colouring - Copics
Sentiment - Paula Pascual
Dies - Circle Nestabilities
Punch - Oval Stampin' Up punches
Ribbon & gems - stash

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous background you've made Beth and a really pretty card. Love it! x

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

PinksyDoodles said...

Beth, this is really cute. I love the ribbon detail.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Beth, what a great image and colours.
luv
Debby

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic card!!

Thanks so much for joining in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week....

Emma xxx

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous card.
Love the colours and fabulous design.
Thanks for playing along with us over at Colour Create.
Sylvia

Jill said...

This is sooo sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts for the last free and easy july challenge and good luck!
Hugs, Jill

Sally H said...

fabulous card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Sir S this month and good luck!